Friday, October 4, 2013

So You Want To Based: The Lil B Starter Kit

Before I begin this piece I just want to ask the Based God for his grace and guidance. Upon the flesh of my girlfriend that he fucked I pray that the Based God will bless my efforts in this with much much swag and dopeness. Praise be to the God of Based, bitches be on his and our dicks, amen.



So you want to be Based. It's understandable. Based life helped me get over my ex, and now I fucks with models and shit - on jets, with gold silked condoms, cumming rainbows- and there's gold at the end of those rainbows. Be balls deep in Based all day. Based living is the most positive thing you could ever do to your bank account.

So here it is (okaaaaayy) the Lil B starter kit. The following is just a list of things that convinced me that Lil B is, not only the most important rapper in our generation, but also: God.

Now I'm going to go through the things that convinced ME that Lil B is God but in the effort to remain somewhat professional I will start with a brief introduction:

Lil B first started off in the short lived rap group The Pack with the track Vans. Super great pop-rap track that you have probably heard before.



That's it.

My first real exposure to Lil B was something I saw on the internet about his NYU Lecture. I thought it was pretty amazing that this, as of now, unknown rapper had enough of a fan base to be invited to NYU for an hour long lecture. Footage of that lecture is easy enough to find but I wasn't impressed by it.

It wasn't until I read FanBased , courtesy of Pitchfork, before I realized the magnitude of Lil B's influence. Among the things you will find in this piece include; stories of couples that have sparked and burned because of Lil B, a notable amount of Based God inspired tattoos and an incredible fan made music video for Lil B's track "White House" courtesy of 'Lil Bs biggest fan over 60": Task Force Chip.

 

Honestly it was this video more than anything that made me reconsider Lil B's place among us mere
mortals. The video is easily the most Based thing I have ever seen, and remains my favorite Lil B song.

But in the event that you are still uncertain, if you still find yourself asking (quite heretically, I may add) " Lil B could probably fuck my bitch, but why would I want him too?" Do yourself a favor and watch The Needle Drop's very own Anthony Fantano's revealing review of Lil B's steller I'm Gay (I'm Happy) 





Extra Credit:





No comments:

Post a Comment